Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Up to What???

So lately, I've had a lot of new tasks and activities on my plate. I think one of the the things I'm most excited about has been joining a local Bible Study. I jumped in a couple weeks late on the book, "Faithful, Abundant, True: Three Lives going Deeper Still" by Kay Arthur, Priscilla Shirer, and Beth Moore. It has been absolutely amazing. All three ladies spoke great words of wisdom and had great insight on scripture. Today's session with Beth Moore talked about gaining spiritual discernment. It was a really eye opening day. I'm feeling hugely challenged by their words and the act of getting into my Bible every day has really made dealing with every day a lot better. If you're looking for a Bible Study, this one is awesome!

Also, I've been working on a running plan. I talked about it a few blogs ago. It's a Couch to 5k running plan. I finished Week 6 last week. Due to a cold this week and trying to really be ready to move on to straight runs, I've decided to do Week 6 again before progressing to Week 7. My running plan is really helping me feel better as I get more healthy. Also as a wonderful bonus to add on to feeling better, I was at the doctor the other week and they weighed me. I lost 12 lbs!!!!!! So, here's to running and keeping it off. I'm hoping to debut my 5k talent at the Uvalde Turkey Trot in November.

This past weekend, WM and headed to Fredericksburg, TX for some wine tasting and fun with friends. We had a great overnight trip. It wasn't very long, but getting out of our border town was wonderful. Here is one of our favorites from the trip: It's a Becker Vineyards Cabernet-Syrah mix. 
Yum in a bottle!
We also bought a new plant for our front area. It's a beautiful bunch of scarlet colored mums. I'm very excited for them to bloom. They came from a beautiful nursery in Leakey, TX. 

Now that we're back in town, I worked a little on yard stuff today. I was delighted to find that the new landscaping company our base hired actually knows about landscaping. If you lived here and had dealt with the old company, you too would feel this way! So, now that they're doing better, I'm ready to finish stepping up the beautification of my front yard. When I am all finished, I'll give you a peek!

Well, I think that's all I have to say, so I'll leave you with yet another picture of Mack!

Who doesn't like cottage cheese???