Monday, October 11, 2010

Pasta with Turkey Sausage and Mozzerella - Yum

I know I've been raving about fall in all of my past blogs, but what can I say, I am a fall addict! I love the autumn, I love decorating for it, cooking for it, and dressing for it. Here in my border town I have been able to decorate and cook for it, but not dress for it. This is a new recipe I tried out; that to me is the perfect fall comfort food. It was delicious, warming, and filling.

Pasta With Turkey Sausage and Mozzarella



Ingredients:
2 tbsp olive oil
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
2 14 oz cans of fire roasted diced tomatoes
1 lb turkey sausage, cut into 1/2" slices
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Salt
8 oz grated mozzarella cheese
1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese

Method:
Heat olive oil in a large skillet on medium heat. Add the onions and cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook a minute more.


Add the tomatoes to the pan, shredding them with your fingers as you add them to the pan. Include the juices. Add the sausage and red pepper flakes. Cover and cook on medium high for 20 minutes, until the sauce is thickened.


While the sauce is cooking, cook the pasta. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add a teaspoon and a half of salt for every quart of water. Cook the pasta according to pasta package instructions, until al dente, or cooked through, but still a bit firm. Drain the water from the pasta. Combine the pasta and the sauce in a large serving bowl.


Stir mozzarella cheese. Continue to stir until the cheese has softened and is a bit melty. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.


Delicioiusness in a bowl!