Thursday, September 6, 2012

Delicious Veggie Lasagna

Last week,  I made this Veggie lasagna for the hubs and I! It was really filling (flyboy didn't even miss his meat) and we had leftovers for days!



If you want to make the recipe, check it out here at recipe.com.
I did make a few changes to recipe, which are:

  • I used premade red sauce, instead of making white. 
  •        (My favorite brand is Muir Glen Organic in either Cabarnet Marinara or Tomato Basil)
  • I couldn't find any mushrooms, so I doubled the carrots.
  • Instead of cutting the carrots, buy a bag of matchstick carrots, they work perfectly
  • Also, since I had premade sauce, I used no boil lasagna noodles and made sure to have enough sauce to get the noodles nice and moist.
This was a fantastic recipe, with a surprisingly small amount of cheese (perfect for those of us trying to eat healthy)!!



Enjoy! I'm headed back to make some Green Lemonade and get ready for my day!