Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Green Lemonade For Breakfast

When I ran the Color Run (to see sweet pics from that, go here) I got a free Competitor magazine. Inside along with awesome running advice and a piece on Olympic runner, Allyson Felix, there were some interesting recipes I wanted to try.

My first adventure was the Green Lemonade. I had to change a few things since I did not have Amazing Grass Berry Green Super Food, but I thought my newest breakfast addition turned out great.

Green Lemonade
Ingredients:
12 oz lemonade ( I didn't have lemonade, so I mixed a lot of lemon juice in with 12 oz of water and then added some trivia to the whole thing after blending)
1/2 c. frozen strawberries
1/2 c. frozen mangos
1 large handful fresh spinach
truvia to taste
*1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
*1 tsp green tea powder

Method:
Blend all the ingredients in a blender and drink while still cool!

Enjoy!!!

Pre Blending
Post blending - it tastes good, I promise!!!!


*my substitute for the Amazing Grass stuff - if you have it, feel no need to add these