Friday, August 24, 2012

School and Productivity

The new semester is in full swing and I am already swimming in reading! Thankfully, I'm a fast reader, good note taker, and fantastic skimmer! Despite my ability to seemingly manage all these tasks, I have a few tricks up my sleeve. I thought I'd share some of my favs and a link to a blog that has some great tips for productivity - be it school or work life!



1. Paper Planner - I love my online calendar, but being able to physically jot things on the go seems to be a life saver for me! My personal fav is the Erin Condren life planner

2. Google Calendar - I can access this on the go, share events with my hubby, make events repeat themselves with only a few clicks, and color coordinate to my heart's desire. This makes a great calendar to look at to see what your week looks like!

3. Music without lyrics or music without lyrics you can understand. I love music, but my favorite songs can be distracting when I need to concentrate. Who doesn't want to sing along when "Wide Open Spaces" comes on? So, my solution is to listen to opera. Puccini is my current favorite. My french isn't good enough to pick up on what they're saying and I don't speak Spanish at all. The music is still interesting and stimulating since it's so dynamic!

4. Coffee - my caffeinated beverage of choice helps me kick start my day and it's pretty tasty too!


Along with all these awesome ways to up productivity and meet deadlines, I loved this post from Grad Hacker!

School starting always makes me think of one of my favorite chic flicks, "You've Got Mail". I always think that there's nothing like a bouquet of freshly sharpened pencils to start the fall!

http://blogs.randolphschool.net/K12/2012/08/08/a-bouquet-of-freshly-sharpened-pencils/