Sunday, May 22, 2011

Race Report #5 - This might have happened a couple weeks ago - whoops

Well, I know I slacked off in April. I didn't end up running any 5k's. I decided to schedule my May 5k pretty early so I didn't slack off again. I decided on the 2nd Annual Emmanuel Christian Church 5k Fun Run/Walk. It was an awesome run for me! I had a PR with 39 minutes! I always seem to go slower on race days than runs around the neighborhood. Maybe it's stage fright?

The route was partial road and partial trail in a park. The clouds rolled in right before the run which gave everyone a little shade and I had two friends running "with" me. By run with me, I mean we started together and then celebrated together after the race. In between, I just lagged behind them.



The most exciting thing was we all placed in our age groups and came home with trophies! Julia got first in our age group, I got 2nd in our age group, and the other Julia got 3rd in her age group! It was a success!
I am soo excited to have gotten my first real bling at a race! Hopefully my next race will be in a few weeks on a runway in Alice, TX! Sooo excited!

P.S. Come back tomorrow for a sneak peak on my newest finished sewing project!