Saturday, March 5, 2011

Wheat Egg Noodles

My good friend over at Down Home Diva posted a  homemade egg noodle recipe a very long time ago. I had kept meaning to try it, but it's taken me till this past week to try it out. Her recipe was passed down from her grandmother to her mother to her. I think that is pretty amazing. The only thing I tweaked with this wonderful recipe was using some whole wheat pastry flour to make these whole wheat egg noodles. To check out this delicious recipe, go here.

My ingredient list:
1 egg
1 tbsp fat free milk
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 tsp salt.

I followed the same directions my friend outlines in her recipe. Next time,  I will probably try to cut my noodles a little thinner (mine were not cut 1/4" wide, I think).  I will also roll mine out more, because I think mine were much thicker than 1/8". I can't wait to try these delicious home made noodles again!

Whole Wheat Egg Noodles ready for cooking!