Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ninja Work Outs and Siesta Verses!

My dear friend Allie over at CookReadRun shared an excellent running plan with me to help me progress to trying out at 10k. It definitely looks a lot more doable than the other running plan I was contemplating. One of the parts of Allie's running plan was the Ninja Work Outs (As she calls them). Allie was sweet enough to put together a visual of these moves for me and I have now joined her in ninja training. I'm only hoping that I will someday be able to walk without wobbling on the day after ninja training.
I will admit my ninja is decidedly different looking than Allie's ninja...

Allie's Ninja
My Ninja...Actually, it's the Pink Ranger, but they're ninjas too
Today is also the first day of the month so I posted my verse on the Siesta Scripture Memory Team Blog. My verse for this first part of the month is:
"But as for me,  I will watch expectantly for the Lord; I will wait for the God of my salvation. My God will hear me."
Micah 7:7 NASB

This is a great reminder to me to not get ahead of myself and wait on the Lord for his plans. Sometimes with pilot training waiting is really hard because you want to have about a million contingency plans for every possible base we could get. It's just not possible and it just makes me worry, so here's to waiting expectantly for my God to show me his plan. He hears my worries and he won't ignore me!