Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October Goals & Easy Lasagna

On October's Tone It Up Calendar, this week's Motivation Monday was setting up your October Goals with long term fall goals in mind. Since sharing is a great form of accountability, I thought I'd share my goals with y'all!

My goals are centered around keeping up my workouts and healthy eating despite an insane school semester:

1. Get in 4-5 workouts a week.
2. On any day but Saturday (my rest day) that I don't workout, choose to yoga or stretching so I'm having an active rest.
3. When running focus on changing my from heel striking to mid-foot striking.
4. Cut out the carbs I've been stress eating.



On another note, I made my fav slow cooker lasagna yesterday! It's such a great technique when you're in a hurry!

The recipe is from Williams and Sonoma. Click here to head over to the recipe.

Here are my changes to the recipe:

  • Ground, seasoned, turkey breast instead of sausage
  • Part Skim or non-fat ricotta cheese
  • Whole wheat lasagna noodles
  • Nix the Parmesan cheese except on the very top
******Important note on cooking - if you do not have the super fancy crockpot featured in the recipe, cook your meet and sauce in a regular pot over the stove!!!!!!!! DO NOT ATTEMPT to put regular crock pot inserts on your stove top!!!!************

Pic is from the Williams and Sonoma website - I forgot to take a pic of mine