Sunday, August 7, 2011

Thoughts Floating Like Dandelion Seeds in the Wind

Sometimes when I want to blog I have this large thought or event I  want to express, but other times I have lots of random thoughts. This would be one of those more random times and my thought seem to be like dandelion seeds in the wind.

Last weekend at church (we started going to this awesome church with some of our neighbors) the worship leader made this statement that seemed incredibly profound to me. He said, "God loves us so passionately that he pursued us across time and space." I had never really thought of God's love in the context of time. He loves each of us so much that he pursues in every time. Always a great reminder!

This is from the Hubble Space Telescope - What a time and space,  right?


I also wanted to share some literary quote I've stumbled across lately:

"Life appears to me too short to be spent in nursing animosity or registering wrongs."
~Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

I love this quote because I think it is so relevant in today's society. We live in a country completely controlled by partisan politics where political parties seem more apt to hold grudges and one up each other. If the government spent more time not nursing animosity or registering wrongs they might actually get some work done. Also, if we spent more time in our personal lives not nursing animosity we'd have healthier relationships and happier lives.



"Freedom lies in being bold."
~Robert Frost

So true! To have freedom in our lives we must be bold. That is true for personal freedom, political freedom, and freedom from sin. We have to live boldly!

"Let us accept truth, even when it surprises us and alters our views."
~George Sand

I love this! The truth is surprising!

"Never trust anyone who has not brought a book with them."
~Lemony Snicket

I just love this!



Also in our evening walks here on base, WM and I have been observing a family of skunks. There are a mom and three babies (I think they're called kits).  Last week we took some pics of them babies. How cute are they?







Then this week in the yard Mack found some kind of animal hole and decided to investigate. Mack is just so cute!

So intent

Who can resist this face?
On a last note, if you're Shredding you should email your spreadsheet to Allie at Letsshred2011@gmail.com so she can tally up week 1's winners. I'll post a link to her list tomorrow! Get excited and keep on shredding!