Saturday, January 29, 2011

Playing catch up - Rain boots, Running Buddies, Beach Trips, and WORK!

So much has happened since I last posted. I realized when I put up my race report tonight, I had barely posted between last week's race report and this one, so I thought I'd fill everyone in on the exciting events in between.

First, I satisfied my desire for rain boots. This sounds silly, but I have wanted rain boots since the October before last. I always put off getting them and then the rain is over. Since it's so rainy here, hubs and I decided with my discount coupon at Old Navy I could purchase my very own rain boots. Notice my color choice. They're pretty snappy! We've had several down pours I can wear them in!
My awesome running buddy, Alli, and I have been faithfully setting achievable work out goals and meeting our goals 100%! This means that now the end of the month has arrived we are sending each other presents!!! I bought my mysterious gift for Alli at the Corpus Christi Farmer's Market. When she gets it in the mail next Tuesday (that's the estimated arrival date) I will tell the world about the amazing and delicious thing I bought her! I just hope she enjoys it! I love buying presents for people. Good job Alli for keeping with your goals! You are hard core and rock!!!!

Yummy mystery gift (this is not what it really looks like)

We took Mack for a midnight beach walk earlier this week and he surprised us by exploring the water on his own. He even put his face in the water and snorkled. It was hilarious! On Friday, I had to pick up my race packet for the Surf-n-Turf race out at Padre Island. We decided to head to the beach afterwards to check out the race route. Since the day was so gorgeous, we took Mack and he explored the ocean even more!

He really wants to get those seagulls!

Wave dancer!
The last exciting thing is about my work! That's right, I said work! Corpus has proved to be a tough job finding environment. Funnily enough, my blog ended up helping me get noticed for a job. My sweet friend Liz (check out her blog at Down Home Diva) from back home in the Rocky Mountains reads my blog (I also read hers, it's awesome and has lots of insight and great recipes) and thought that I might be able to be an article writer for a website she works for. She forwarded my info to her boss person and I eventually got hired. I'm now writing articles of many varieties for www.my719moms.com. I am so thankful for this opportunity and for my sweet friend for thinking of me! You can check out my article on organic food here.

All in all, life has been pretty exciting!!

P.S. WM got his T-44 start date!!!! We are so excited. He is getting back into training on Feb. 4th!!! Downtime is nice, but the hubs is ready to get back in the cockpit and finish training! So here's the next 6 months!


Hubby's new plane

He'll be doing this soon!