Saturday, December 11, 2010

TWO GOALS MET!!! YES!!!!

This morning, I got up, put in my contacts, bundled up a bit in running clothes and got ready to complete my first 5k since starting my Couch to 5k program. I had bungled my running a little at the end, but decided to press on and run my 5k. Awhile back, I had set two goals for my 5k (click HERE to see that blog). The first goal was to run the whole thing without any walking breaks and the second goals was to finish in 45 minutes or less. I am happy to report that I did both those things. I actually finished in 39 minutes and 10 seconds!!! I am very happy with my first 5k since my running plan started. It's a great way to celebrate and a great push to keep running. I know I've talked to a lot of people about never feeling that "runner's high" but I think I almost did today. After I got to about 2.5 miles, I was ready to speed up and keep going. Plus, finishing felt really good. One of my good friends from back home commented that she felt really powerful after finishing her last 5k and I am happy to report that I can relate to that feeling!!

Thanks for all the encouragement along the way!

Starting Line 


Mack spectated b/c he likes to jump on runners he doesn't know. He just gets excited.