Sunday, August 15, 2010

Tomato Soup and No More Home Grown Pumpkins...

I've noticed I seem to start every post with some sentence about how long it's been since I've last posted. That's probably indicative of a bad habit. From now on, I'm going to try hard to post on a regular basis. My dear friend Allie over at her blog is a great example of how great  a blog is when someone actually blogs more than once a month. With Allie as my shining example, I am going to try to do better. Also, if you need great ideas about running or healthy eating, Allie's blog is the place to go. She is awesome!

Since we last met, I have done many things. The first very important thing was watching my awesome hubby solo. WM did such a fantastic job. It was amazing to get to be part of something so amazing!
WM in the T-6 Texan II for his solo!
Since the solo, pilot training has only gotten more exciting. WM has been doing lots of fun acrobatics in the T-6. The smile he comes home with after all of his exciting air stunts is worth all the not seeing each other and long hours. Then, after doing lots of fun flying, WM had his mid phase check ride. This was the first big check ride and a little never racking for our household. Thankfully, WM did fantastic! Post check ride was his area solo which put a smile on WM's face that lasted all weekend.

During all these exciting happenings, I took a 10 day vaca to visit an Aunt in Cali. It was a fun trip, but after so many days away from WM and Mack I was ready to return home. WM seemed to do okay while I was gone, but Mack was another story. Mack dug up our entire pumpkin patch in a fit of rage. He was in big trouble for a few days. I thought about posting a picture, but the dead pumpkins make me too sad. Since I returned, Mack's naughtiness has disappeared and life is back to normal.

To finish off this post, I am going to post an all time favorite recipe from an all time favorite cooking site
It is for Stewed Tomato Soup with Butter Croutons. I change this recipe up a little bit and use canned diced tomatoes. It is pretty much impossible to get red, not pink tomatoes at our local grocery store. I use 3 cans of the diced tomatoes with basil, oregano, and garlic and two cans of fire roasted diced tomatoes and follow the cooking instructions. It is delicious every time and we love it!

Also, from here out, I am going to begin photographing my food. It starts tonight with my recipe for Cheddar Chicken that is going to become Cheddar Turkey Filets with Mashed cauliflower/potatoes. Yum!