Thursday, April 1, 2010

New and Exciting Things!

Since I last blogged, life has been even more crazy. The constant onslaught of school has remained the same. I am longing for the end of semester, yet dreading it all at the same time. I just took a class on Images of the American West. It was crazy. 6 days of lecture in a row about Turner's Thesis, Custer, and Sitting Bull have a way of completely numbing your brain.

Since I've been back in sunny border town, there have been two exciting developments. The first is my garden. Yes, I plant killer extraordinaire have managed with the help of my hubby to keep lots of plants that I grew from the seeds alive. I have a whole array of kitchen herbs in little pots and a giant plot of Big Max pumpkins, sugar pumpkins, and spaghetti squash. There is lots of green so far! I am excited to see the pumpkins/squashes grow!

The other exciting news is that WM and I adopted a dog. He's really cute. Mack is a 97 lb golden retriever mix. He has a sunny disposition and his favorite activity is trying to lay on our guest bed. His second favorite activity is laying on our old couch.

Well, that's all for today - time to get back to the hw!