Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Semi - Unpacked and Back in the Kitchen

Well, we're in our house! We are loving it! We've already experienced the joy of home ownership when our sink had a major clog the day before Thanksgiving. Lots of advice and elbow grease later, we finally got it cleared up (Sorry that might be gross, but we thought it was funny).

Now that we're kind of moved in and semi unpacked, I'm back in the kitchen whipping up food. My first trial run with this kitchen was ---- Thanksgiving ----! Crazy!

Since it was just Will and I we had a little roasted turkey breast (I used a Bobby Flay recipe), sage turkey gravy,  mashed potatoes, mashed sweet potatoes, a tiny green bean casserole, curried cranberry relish, and pumpkin pie. We made small servings of everything except for the pumpkin pie. No need for a small serving of that - haha.

I didn't take pics of much, but here are some terrible pics of my turkey - it tasted great!




If you're interested in the recipes, go here for the  no brining and no bagging Bobby Flay turkey recipe and go here to check out the absolutely amazing Curried Cranberry Relish recipe that my friend Liz has on her blog. You really need to check out this recipe for the cranberries. The taste of the relish is fresh, tangy, sweet, and the perfect texture that has a little crunch, but isn't too crunchy. I might make this to just have around because it was soo good!

Sorry for being MIA lately, hopefully now that we're settled, I'll get back in the groove! My first trick will be using my home made turkey stock to make some soup!

I'll leave you with these thoughts:

A little bit of empathy goes a long way


What little things made you happy today?