Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Kitchen, Same Old Cook

Well, it's been awhile since I've posted, but I'd like to remind everyone that I was busy moving over Christmas. With hub's training finished at our border town, we headed to Corpus Christi to get settled for the next few months of training. We unpacked furiously on the 23rd and 24th of December and managed to get some of our house set up before my family (parents and two brothers) arrived on Christmas Day to stay with us for 6 days. We had a great time seeing them and enjoying our new town with them. We ate out a lot (yum) and played a lot of cards (fun).

Now that they've headed home, it's time to start digging into our new town. One of the things I'm really working on for this year is being more consistent with my running. My current goal is to run at least 3 times a week. We'll see how that goes. Luckily enough, I have a great friend back in CO who has agreed to be my long distance work out buddy. She is awesome and I'm excited to have some to encourage and someone to encourage me. To read about her running and life, head to Alli's blog. She is a hilarious writer and a dedicated runner!

Also to encourage myself, I am going to jump on the 2011 Run for the Bling of It challenge. My college friend Cortney had a link to it on her blog. To see her running journey you can find her here. I am super excited. Here is the summary and how to get involved from the Run for the Bling of It blog:

Over the next 12 months, complete 12 races! This can be anything from a 5k to an ultra – or any combination of races. Ideally you would do one race a month, but there are no restrictions.

How to be involved:
• Send an email to runfortheblingofit@gmail.com and let me know you want in on the challenge. Include your name and a link to your blog.
• Follow the blog at www.runfortheblingofit.blogspot.com
• Post a race report after each race so that we can link it here on the blog, including a pic of your bling if you receive any. (If not a medal maybe a pic of the race shirt or anything else they give in your race swag.)
• Tell everyone else about the challenge!


My first race for the 12 months was the Shooting Star 5k last month and my next run is going to be the 3rd Annual Surf-nTurf Run on January 29th. So, here's to a great new year in a new place!!!

Mack is ringing in the New Year with not 1, but 2 toys in his mouth.