Sunday, November 28, 2010

Italian Herb Bread

To all my facebook friends who wanted this recipe, here it is. For those of you not on facebook, this is a delicious bread recipe. After being in my border town for so long, I get these cravings for my favorite restaurant food. Unfortunately, most of these restaurants are three and a half hours away. So, occasionally I find a recipe that satisfies one of those cravings. By chance, I have found another one of those recipes. One of my favorite restaurant items is the starter bread at Carrabba's Italian Grill. So good. I was trying a new bread machine recipe out and it tasted exactly the same. So, for those of you Carrabba's junkies, try this out.

Italian Herb Bread

Ingredients:
1 c. + 3 tbsp warm water
3/4 tsp olive oil
2 tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
4 tsp dry milk
4 tsp (or however much you want to use) italian seasoning
3 c. bread flour
1 tbsp bread machine yeast

Method:
Set your bread machine on the Super Rapid Cycle and enjoy!!!
If you don't want to cook your bread in the bread machine, feel free to take it out after the last knead cycle and let it rise in a greased bread pan while your oven heats up to 350 degrees.
Bake for 45 minutes or until the interior of the bread registers 190 degrees on a thermometer. The bread should be light in color.